Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Any tips for keeping hair & make up looking fresh during the wilting heat?

I live in SW Louisiana and it is very hot %26amp; humid. I am using waterproof make up but always look "undone". Any tips?



Any tips for keeping hair %26amp; make up looking fresh during the wilting heat?

Living in Florida, I can sympathize with your plight. In the summer, when it's nasty hot and humid, I use Cover Girl's Simply Powder Foundation. I keep my eye make-up fairly light (to avoid getting creases when I sweat), and also avoid eyeliner, as it smudges and runs. I compensate for the neutral eye shadow by curling my eyelashes and using black waterproof mascara. If I feel like I'm getting melty and greasy during the day, I blot my makeup with a kleenex.



My hair always winds up flat and frizzy in the summer, though. Let me know if you unearth that secret!



Any tips for keeping hair %26amp; make up looking fresh during the wilting heat?

Thanks to everyone that took the time to answer. It was tough to pick the Best and will try other of your suggestions. Report It



Any tips for keeping hair %26amp; make up looking fresh during the wilting heat?

Get a nice tan on your face and don't wear anything but lipgloss. As for hair, tie it back in a classic pony tail.



Any tips for keeping hair %26amp; make up looking fresh during the wilting heat?

Set your makeup with loose powder, then spritz with cool water in an atomizer. Using waterproof makeup can be good if it's properly set. But it will wilt if it's not.



You can also refresh your face by dusting the highlight spots with a light bronzing powder.



Any tips for keeping hair %26amp; make up looking fresh during the wilting heat?

only use powder products so nothing runs when you sweat



Any tips for keeping hair %26amp; make up looking fresh during the wilting heat?

For makeup, try a tinted moisturizer, Laura mercier makes a good one in just about every shade for about $25.



Gel bronzer or airbrush bronzer works well too, try Modelco, Tan in a Can. about $20 at Sephora. For eyeliner try a waterproof kind, and try to use a natural eye shadow or a shadow base so that the eyeliner wont crease on your eye when it gets humid. Lancome makes really good waterproof mascara.



Usually the less makeup the better, and lighter shades for a more natural look tend to be better also.



For hair, I would just try to wear it up if you can. I usually get extensions in the summer because they don't frizz the way your natural hair does.



I hope this helps you.



Any tips for keeping hair %26amp; make up looking fresh during the wilting heat?

Keep your makeup simple and classic - use a lightweight, tinted moisturizer with sunscreen to even out your tone and use a powder to refresh during the day. Keep eyeliner to a minimum and use waterproof mascara. For your lips, use a sheer or lightly tinted gloss.



For your hair, you can try some of the John Frieda line of products. "Frizz-Ease" is a good line, and not too pricey. Keeping your hair pinned up or in a ponytail is a way to keep your hair looking neat.



Also, it's helpful to dress in lightweight, cool clothing and drink lots of water. I live in Florida - so I understand humidity! :)



Any tips for keeping hair %26amp; make up looking fresh during the wilting heat?

biore makes those oil absorbing sheets. Soak up the oil and brush on some loose powder. Stay away from heavy, clay like foundations.

No comments:

Post a Comment