Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Using a baking soda paste to remove hair color - need tips!?

I read that I can use a mix of tide and baking soda to remove unwanted hair dye. What should the cut be [1 cup tide to 1 tbsp baking soda?] and how long do I leave it on? Thanks :P



PS I dyed my hair with permanent "purple" streaks which ended up pink. Now all has come out except for a 2 inch stripe 2 inches BELOW my hairline. hehehe I look like a weirdo. Thanks for the help!



Using a baking soda paste to remove hair color - need tips!?

Baking soda and laundry detergent is not going to remove permanent haircolor - especially color that has been in your hair for quite a while. I'm not sure what you mean by "2 inches BELOW my hairline)- are you saying your skin is stained?



You could go darker all over to cover up the remaining color. Haircolor does not lift color- but you can go darker- don;t do this on your own- go to a salon.



to get the remaining pink removed - go to a salon and schedule an appointment for them to assess the color correction. It is probably going to run you around $100 for the color correction service. Most likely they'll do a bleach cap and then "fill" those streaked areas with color to match up to your natural color.



Leave haircolor to the professionals. You wouldn't do your own dental cleanings, don;t do your own color. There's a reason they are trained and licensed professionals.



Using a baking soda paste to remove hair color - need tips!?

I've never heard of this, so can't help. Prell shampoo helps to remove hair color if it hasn't been but 48 hours or so since you colored your hair. Good luck. I have some hair color stories, too. Just don't do anything "crazy" so your hair falls out. Go to a salon before you use any harsh chemicals yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment